You may have an accountant, a doctor, or even a lawyer…
but do you have a farmer
someone you can identify as providing you or your family
with local, safe, healthy and nutritious food?
The Harvest Moon Local Food Initiative (HMLFI) is a group of 10 farm families and 2 family-owned meat shops located in the beautiful Pembina Valley in southwestern Manitoba who believe:
- in healthy land and healthy communities;
- that everyone should have access to local, tasty and healthy farm fresh food;
- farmers should be paid a fair price for growing this food;
- in a more small-scale, sustainable and fair food system that better serves the interests of the land, our families and local communities; and
- that we all have an important role to play in order to make this happen, including you!
Please visit the HMLFI website at www.harvestmoonfood.ca to learn about how to support local farmers in a small-scale food system.